I was supposed to write a year-ender post last December 31, as a way of counting all our blessings, and encouraging you all to do the same. It was supposed to be a “fitting way” to end the year… for me, at least. 😉 But, as fate would have it, the Internet didn’t cooperate with me, so I ended up posting this on Instagram and Facebook instead:
So, I may not have been able to write that post but I believe every day is an opportunity to count our blessings. Right? Right! 🙂
Also, even if it’s already the sixth day of the new calendar year, I believe it’s never too late to make plans and dream dreams and manifest how we want this year to be like. One way to do this is to prayerfully choose our “One Word” for the year. I’ve been doing this since 2013 and it has really helped guide me every year in living more intentionally.
In 2014, I started choosing “One Verse” and “One Saint” to go with my “One Word,” which was “Health” for that year.
Last year, my “One Word” was “Less,” and the verse God led me to was John 3:30. My “patron saint” for 2015 was Saint Maria Goretti.
For this year, this is what God led me to choose:
Having “One Word,” “One Verse” and “One Saint” these past years have really helped me in manifesting all the feelings, dreams and goals I’ve had each year, so I encourage YOU to do the same. Here are a few tips on how you can do so:
1. Pray about your intentions, dreams and goals for the year.
2. Think of words that can help you focus on those intentions, dreams and goals.
3. Among those words, choose one that seems to suit you the most; one that “fits” all that you hope to realize this year.
4. Once you’ve chosen your “One Word,” look for Bible verses that are more or less aligned to it.
5. Pray and meditate upon each verse, then choose one that best reflects your “One Word.”
6. For choosing your “One Saint,” you can try the Saint’s Name Generator that Jennifer Fulwiler created.
May God bless and guide all of us as we strive to do His will this year! 🙂
If you’re going to choose your “One Word, “One Verse” and “One Saint” for this year, please do let me know! 🙂 I’d love to pray for and with you throughout the process! Or you can just let me know what you’ve been led to choose on Facebook! 🙂