If you’re a frugal mama like me, especially if you’re a homeschooling one, you’re probably always on the lookout for free educational resources, like printables and other useful material for teaching your kids. (OK, you can call me kuripot if you like, I don’t mind! Ha, ha!) Freebies are always a welcome resource for any family, I’m sure, not just homeschoolers.
That’s why I was pleased to discover that the Brother International Philippines website has a creative center, filled with printable resources for use in the home and even for business.
There are other types of printables on the Brother Home Centre, too, like greeting cards, scrapbooks and even paper crafts! I invite you guys to check the website out. But first, let me tell you a little bit of trivia about Brother Industries.
Did you know that the name of Brother was first given in 1928 to a chain-stitch sewing machine for the production of straw hats, developed by the Yasui brothers?
Well, Brother, based in Nagoya, Japan, has come a long way since then! Brother printers have especially become great tools for many people in business and at home. That’s because Brother has always made it their priority to come up with quality, innovative products. The company puts their customers as the top priority, thus, they are committed to be “at your side.” No wonder Brother is known as one of the world’s leading electronics companies, especially for their high quality printing product solutions and electrical products!
One of Brother’s new Mono laser printers, the basic HL-1110 model costs only Php2,990 (SRP) — a great find for those who want to invest in a good quality printer (and I know many families, especially homeschoolers, are always on the lookout for finds like these!). It prints black and white so if you’re into printing worksheets and other stuff for review, or even business documents, this would be a good printer for you.
The HL-110 model, along with the other printer models, are guaranteed “paper jam-free,” something that all of us would definitely appreciate in a printer — we all know what a hassle paper jams are, don’t we? 😉 (Lord knows I do!)
Contest Announcement: Win a Trip to Japan courtesy of Brother!
Now here’s a cool contest for all of us:
Brother Industries has a cool contest going on: The “10 for Tokyo” challenge! You can win a three-night, four-day trip for two to Tokyo! 🙂
- Anyone based in the Philippines who is at least 18 years old, and owns a personal Facebook account, is eligible for the promo.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
- Each participant must “Like” the Brother Fan Page on Facebook.
- Think of the most creative 10-word statement explaining why you should win the trip to Japan.
- Print (using a printer, don’t write it down) each word of your statement on one piece of paper (one word per paper for a total of 10 pages).
- Take a picture of yourself with each piece of paper, and compile everything into a 30-second video. Be as creative as you can be.
- Very important: At least five of the photos must show a Brother Mono Laser Printer, eligible models of which are specified in the image above showing the different models and price ranges. You can check out the Brother website for sample entries.
- Log on to the Brother promo website and submit your entry: http://www.brother10fortokyo.com/
- Below is a sample video of how an entry should look:
Criteria and Judging:
- Participants will be notified within 48 hours if their entries are qualified.
- Qualified entries will be judged for creativity or theme relevance (85%) and online popularity (15%).
- The winning entry will be awarded with a trip for two to Tokyo for 3 nights and 4 days during Japan’s world-famous Cherry Blossoms Festival in March 2014.
- If you don’t win the Tokyo trip, don’t worry! 🙂 Brother will also be giving away consolation prizes. (Yey!)
- For more details, like the Brother Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/
That’s it! God bless you guys! 🙂 I hope one of my beloved Truly Rich Mom readers win! Let me know if you do, OK?
Note: This post is brought to you by Brother Philippines.